Ruby Jane Smith: fiddler extraordinaire

Home  >>  acoustic  >>  Ruby Jane Smith: fiddler extraordinaire

Ruby Jane Smith: fiddler extraordinaire

Ruby Jane Smith is 15-year-old musical phenomenon, described by Willie Nelson as “A great picker, fiddler, songwriter, and singer with an amazing career in front of her.”  The youngest person ever to fiddle at the Grand Ole Opry, Ruby Jane has also played with Lyle Lovett, Asleep and the Wheel, and more.  Here, she makes the Austin City Limits stage – and the audience – her own.

Add this performance to your library via the TEDx Music Project on Soundcloud.

Recorded at TEDxAustin.

8 Comments so far:

1. She sure can play! I just wish she’d return my calls, because we have gigs for her!

2. She sure can play! I just wish she’d return my calls, because we have gigs for her!

3. Richard From Austin says:

Best fiddle player I’ve ever heard of any age (she’s now actually 16), and she gets better every time I hear her. Beautiful voice and GREAT songwriter, as well. Super nice young lady as well.

4. Richard From Austin says:

5. jim from Spring Branch says:

Not only do I consider her to be the best fiddle player I’ve ever heard she is the best entertainer I have ever had the pleasure to see. If you live in central Texas, you need to circle the 3rd Sunday ‘most ‘ months as she plays a 4 hour “free” show at Gruene Hall. Check their web site to make sure she’s going to be there. I know she won’t be there in June but will be in July and August.(I don’t believe her free shows can last much longer-she’s just to good!.)

6. jim from Spring Branch says:

7. susan says:

Ruby Jane and Marvin sure tear it up! Wonderful perfomance, wish I could have been there!

8. susan says: